Re: [dev] antialiased fonts in st

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 11:08:07 +0200

Hello.

On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 11:08:07 +0200 pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:
> I'm suggesting this change because truetyped fonts with antialias are hard
> to read, probably more than transparent terminals.

Thanks for the hint. Yes, if displays stay as small as they are an‐
tialias is really no good default option. I hope this will change in the
future.

> Note that i have copypasted this diff from an st terminal, so there are
> spaces
> at the end of each line (this was not happening before)

This is the introduced behaviour, because when you select many lines you
are selecting the whitespaces too. That’s the right behaviour. If less
should be selected, then this is an inner logic of the text application
you are using. Vim for example has its own yanking mechanism for this.
But yes, not showing what is selected is bad behaviour.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann