Re: [dev] [st] Keyboard patches

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:07:05 +0100

Greetings.

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:07:05 +0100 Brandon Invergo <brandon_AT_invergo.net> wrote:
> > This is a new path series that fix some problems related to the
> > keyboard, and also add the key definitions that were missed in st.
>

> I'm glad that you're thorough and you've put a lot of work into making
> st robust, but how do these patches help us in 2012-soon-to-be-2013?

The patches are removing the hardcoded values in st and make them more
configurable to how terminals work. In the future important shortcuts
that were missed but some asshole is using them hardcoded in its so‐
called »ncurses application« will be easier to add. But yes, most of it
is compatibility bloat.

Sincerely,

Christoph