Re: [dev] [surf] Disable javascript

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 14:43:56 +0000

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 03:29:45PM +0100, Christoph Lohmann wrote:
> Thanks for the patches. Toggle, insert and the status area patch are now
> in surf tip. And they are documented in the manpage too.

Insert mode? Since when did surf become modal? Why is this needed
(except for people who like to pretend they're using vim)?

In my experience modality in a web browser seems neat for the first
day or two, then becomes really annoying, as you have to keep track
of which mode you're in, keep accidentally toggling stuff rather
than typing into text fields, etc.