[dev] [surf] More convenience

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:29:25 +0100

Greetings comrades,

surf now has a nice surf‐open.sh script in its tip, which will add some
more convenience for daily usage of surf as a replacement for other
browsers. With the toggle patches to disable scripting and other re‐
source‐hungry crap noone really needs but marketing people think we
need, it should be usable for everyone.

Usage:

        % surf-open.sh google.com -> opens tabbed + surf
        % surf-open.sh google.de -> opens google.de in the same tabbed

On my TODO list for surf is to get the downloading right and to add sup‐
port for this web inspector, which is included in webkit. This seems to
be a good alternative for firebug and at the first glance is just some
calls and signals in GTK. Such a tool is needed to handle the web com‐
plexity somehow. If the web wouldn’t be as badly designed as it is such
hacks wouldn’t be needed to analyze all the traffic.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann