Re: [dev] [surf] adblocking

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 14:08:01 +0000

Yeah, I agree with the general feeling that adblocking shouldn't be
done in the browser. I prefer privoxy, though it's rather complex.
adsuck is another thing that probably does the job well. /etc/hosts
can do a reasonable job too, as others have mentioned.

Also, there is the fact that adblocking is a difficult, constantly
moving target, and we're much better off letting other projects
handle that than chase it ourselves.