Re: [dev] [st] Bug numpad does not seem to work correctly in vim

From: Edgaras <devoas_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 12:48:25 +0200

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 10:59:58AM +0100, Roberto E. Vargas Caballero wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 07:58:26PM +0200, Edgaras wrote:
> > I just started using updated st, and also started writing some code in
> > Vim, I immediately noticed that numpad * does not work(it seems to
>
> As far as I know, you can get a similar behaviour in xterm if you
> disable the option 'Alt/NumLock Modifiers'. Vim puts the terminal in raw
> mode and enables the keypad application mode, because it needs the keycode
> and not the ansi code for the others special keys. But this mode causes a
> problem with the numerical and arithmetic keys, because there isn't any
> terminfo entry for them (there are terminfo entry for the diagonals in
> cursor mode, that are used when LockNum is disabled). Xterm solves the
> problem ignoring the keypad application mode for numerical keys when
> 'Alt/NumLock Modifiers' is enabled (by default), and ignore it always for
> arithmetical keys.
>
> Maybe the best option is putting some parameter in st and select
>the behaviour when you start it.

I have tried it with xterm, and indeed when 'Alt/NumLock Modifiers' is
disabled number keys act funky there too. However operator keys keys
work as expected.

Option to select behaviour at startup might not be a best way
considering that such behavior is app dependant and applications that
run in terminal can not reasonably be known in advance.