[dev] [dwm] [patch] Focus on a window by number

From: Marshall Mason <marshallmason2_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 14:10:30 -0800

I just started using dwm, and I'm starting to get used to the tiled
way of doing things. In Openbox, I had a little utility program that
allowed me to jump to the exact window I want, by number. It's
incredibly useful when there are a lot of windows open, rather than
cycling through them with MODKEY+j. Just as you can jump to a tag with
MODKEY+#, this patch allows you to jump to a specific window within a
given tag. This is especially useful in tiling mode, because all the
windows are visible and organized, so it's much clearer which number
to use to get to a certain window.

Here's how to configure it:
{ MODKEY, XK_F1, focusnumber, {.i = 1 } },
{ MODKEY, XK_F2, focusnumber, {.i = 2 } },

Thanks for developing such a slim, powerful window manager.

Marshall