Re: [dev] Re: [suckless] Migration to git

From: Pierre Chapuis <catwell_AT_archlinux.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:41:30 +0100

> pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> writes:
>
>> git is far more confusing than hg.. in fact sometimes i have to check
>> my notebook or manpages in order to do something in hg is plain easy.
>
> Do you have some concrete examples? Maybe it's just a matter of taste,
> but I find Git more logical to use than Mercurial. YMMD.

Git is lower level than hg, it exposes lower level concepts to the user
(for instance the Staging Area). Sometimes that makes it confusing
if you do not understand these concepts.

I think the best way to get to know them is this document:
http://ftp.newartisans.com/pub/git.from.bottom.up.pdf

--
Pierre Chapuis