Re: [dev] [suckless] Migration to git

From: Barbu Paul - Gheorghe <barbu.paul.gheorghe_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 17:10:57 +0200

On 11/27/2012 02:50 PM, Strake wrote:
Hello,

> Darcs has no history edition, as it essentially keeps no history,
> which is a win in my book. The main difficulty seems to be the
> corner-case exponential-time merge algorithm.

I'm not familiar with that VCS, but how can it store no history since that, I
think, is the core of any (D)VCS, to have a history of changes, a versioning,
that's its purpose, isn't it?

I'm not an expert, I'm really curious about this.

For everyone discussing here, why did we fork to so many (unknown, less used)
(D)VCS'es since git and mercurial were in the spotlights?

--
Barbu Paul - Gheorghe
Common sense is not so common - Voltaire