Re: [dev] Migration to git

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 20:42:36 +0100

> How can be pathes for dwm be managerd via git?
> I mean I need a patch queue somehow, I'm thinking branches, I'll
> create a local branch with my patches applied and I will hack
> through its history.

I usually work in this way. After generate the patch sequence I get the diff
with git format-patch and send them to the list, although now can be used
git send-email to. When the patches are applied in the main branch I join my
branch with the master branch with git rebase (I fetch the changes with git
fetch before, but it can be done in only one step with git pull --rebase,
but usually I prefer see the exact state of the repository before rebase the
master branch).

Best regards,