Re: [dev] xinerama and dbe mutual exclusion

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 09:15:31 +0100

Greetings.

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 09:15:31 +0100 clamiax <smoppy_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started to use Xinerama at office. Just want to inform you, if you
> already don't know it, that Xinerama (panoramix) and the DBE extension are
> mutually excluded[0]. Thus, for those who use xinerama, st is unusable.

There is now code in st which will simply use the window to draw instead
of the double buffer.

Please try this out, if it slows down st too much. I haven’t seen that
much a difference, which could be due to the new drawing code using Xft.
If there is really no big difference, then the Xdbe dependency could be
removed.

Please all report back of any performance issues in st not using xdbe.
You can easily enforce Xdbe by commenting out the lines that query for
the Xdbe extension and reset the xw.buf.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann