Re: [dev] screen/tmux

From: Ross Mohn <rpmohn_AT_waxandwane.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 18:11:56 -0500

dvtm+dtach works great with st. If you don't mind bash, I've attached my
script 'tm' that wraps it all up neatly. Just run 'tm' with a session
name of your choice and you can detach (C+\), share, keep multiple
active sessions, etc. I also have it configured in the config.h file to
auto switch colors if I su to root, login to a production box, etc.

I recommend compiling your own dtach from it's development tip. Very
stable right now. Also, in vt.c vt_forkpty(), I changed TERM to use
screen instead of rxvt; that fixed some emulation problems for me.

     - setenv("TERM", COLORS >= 256 ? "rxvt-256color" : "rxvt", 1);
     + setenv("TERM", COLORS >= 256 ? "screen-256color" : "screen", 1);

Cheers -Ross