Re: [dev] [slcon] Call for Papers 2013

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 16:11:16 +0100

Greetings.

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 16:11:16 +0100 ilf <ilf_AT_zeromail.org> wrote:
> markus schnalke:
> > Please provide audio/video recordings for the part of the community
> > that is not able to be there.
>
> I agree, that would be awesome.

Video recordings tend to have a waste of storage and a future recov‐
ery of what was said in them is not easy. The easiest way to preserve
what was said is to publish the slides and if they are only text make
the PDF a text file.

Of course the presenter will say stuff that’s not said in the slides,
but that’s why you should attend the conference.

I’d really like to have someone just typing down what was said in con‐
junction to the slide, reformat it in the end and make a big tgz with
text/plain files out of it, which is the conference archive. Maybe some
images added, if that’s really needed. That’s the dream; which is too
much for such a small conference.

Talks are restricted to a maximum of 45 min, followed by 10 min of dis‐
cussion and a 5 min break. It’s possible to have a 5 min lightning talk
and a 2 min discussion or a 45 min talk with 30 min of discussion. The
conference is small, so having fast decisions is possible.

I hope the maximum time keeps presenters to be clear and informative.
It’s a try, so let’s try it.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann