[dev] System shell for sta.li

From: Thorsten Glaser <tg_AT_mirbsd.de>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 13:53:52 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I’ve read you want to use OpenBSD’s ksh for sta.li.
Why don’t you use mksh instead, which is massively
more actively supported, less buggy and well-ported?
It already supports eglibc, µClibc, dietlibc, klibc,
bionic, musl, and others…

https://www.mirbsd.org/mksh.htm

It’s the default shell (/system/bin/sh) in Android, even.

With klibc, you get it down to roughly 130K depending
on options (there’s -DMKSH_SMALL to get it down even
more, and klibc is missing {g,s}etrlimit() so the ulimit
builtin does nothing, though). And that’s *with* all the
functionality OpenBSD’s ksh doesn’t have.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
FWIW, I'm quite impressed with mksh interactively. I thought it was much
*much* more bare bones. But it turns out it beats the living hell out of