Re: [dev] [st] st 0.4 slow startup

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 23:23:38 +0200

Greetings.

On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 23:23:38 +0200 Igor Šarić <karabaja4_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I just tested the commit Chris posted.
>
> Yes, that commit is the cause of the startup delay:

Thanks for not being helpful at all. Here at suckless we look at the
content of a commit. You can clearly see that this commit added Xft sup‐
port. Xft is a bugged and misdesigned system that is nearly as bugged
and misdesigned as the X11 core fonts and the X11 server. Please try to
add some straces in how many files are opened, how your fontconfig might
behave wrong etc. etc. I can’t help there, my fontconfig and xft are
fast.

Btw., this Arch Linux mentality is annoying. You are no expert by com‐
menting that something is »slow« when the source is open and there for
you to send in patches to fix problems.

Sorry, I’m annoyed today and you came by as an Arch user. These are the
perfect victims for any crime against humanity, like systemd, feminism
or social democracy.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann