Re: [dev] [st] windows port?

From: Joseph Xu <josephzxu_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 13:24:44 -0400

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Max DeLiso <maxdeliso_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> A) That's stupid
> B) Therefore OP must be stupid.

I don't think you're stupid, because the few times I've had to use
cmd.exe, I've thought about this myself. But I do think it's a waste of
time. How much do you use the console in Windows? Very few native Windows
programs are written for it, and the ones that exist certainly do not
expect or take advantage of VT102 emulation for curses functionality. So
the benefit of the port is minimal. I think you are just trying
to shoehorn the paradigm of one OS into another.

On the other hand, I think a nicer console program without terminal
emulation and nicer GUI features, along the lines of 9term, would be
much simpler to implement and may be worth the cost.