Re: [dev] [st] colors and attributes, general question

From: <random832_AT_fastmail.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:56:34 -0400

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013, at 11:53, Christoph Lohmann wrote:
> It’s the simple way of doing all the brigthening and reversing. St is
> keeping to what other terminals do. But since none of them keeps to any
> standard colors or good behaviour is this what makes st being what it is
> – a simple terminal.

My point was, it's only "the simple way" when you've already got both
colors calculated because the function draws both. But if drawing
backgrounds is moved into a separate function, as I was planning to do,
that function would be simpler if it didn't have to think about the
effects that bold/italic/underline have on the foreground color. My
question was whether this behavior is like this because other terminals
do the same thing, or _only_ because it's simpler.