Re: [dev] upload via html?

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 17:12:18 +0200

Greetings.

On Tue, 14 May 2013 17:12:18 +0200 Martti Kühne <mysatyre_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> How is lack of a standard a problem in that concern? The topic was
> about uploads, and even my cfw cgi server [0] supports uploads and you
> could just go and implement a sufficiently featured directory listing
> that fits your needs with it. If you helped me implement sessions, we
> might even go do user logins and specify private/shared space.

Damn, my head hurts. Just use fucking FTP. It has sessions, encryption,
(somewhat) standardized directory listenings, separate file transfer,
progress bars (client feature) and everything you need to add yet anoth‐
er hack to the web.

Do we really need a revamp of FTP so people will start reusing a dedi‐
cated protocol for this? SSL in CIFS maybe?

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann