Re: [dev] [dwm] Running dwm in KDE

From: Fernando C.V. <ferkiwi_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 18:22:53 +0100

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 12:53 AM, Martin Miller <witsquash_AT_lavabit.com> wrote:
> I guess this system is a combo of Gnome and KDE.
> I spent a little time unsuccessfully configuring gdm from the settings
> panel.

If you have the choice, I would recommend getting something like
"slim" and just tweak your xinitrc to your liking, setting the
environment variables you need and the stuff you want and have a
"startkde" at the bottom.

Also instead of slim you can just add "[[ $TTY == "/dev/tty1" ]] &&
exec xinit" to your bashrc and get rid of the display manager
completely.

--
Fernando