Re: [dev] Re: Why HTTP is so bad?

From: Dmitrij Czarkoff <czarkoff_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 23:32:48 +0200

On May 27, 2013 11:13 PM, "Nick" <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk> wrote:

> Netsurf's rendering libraries are pretty suckless. But they don't
> have at all complete javascript / dom support yet, so it's only as
> useful as lynx (which is to say, rather useful, but not for
> everything that is convenient to do on the web).

NetSurf basicly only supports HTML and CSS2 (with some portion of CSS3, but
far from being complete or on par with Webkit or GECKO). Indeed lynx is a
better choice in most cases.

Still, there is quite a lot of overengineered websites that require JS (one
of the sites I have to use regularly uses JS cookies for session stuff),
and neither lynx nor NetSurf are of any use there.

FWIW there still quite a lot of browser-specific quirks here and there,
even including browser-specific tags, which defeats the very idea of
suckless rendering engine.

----
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff