Re: [dev] (dwm 6.0) Mod1-, Mod1-. (next/prev screen) keybindings don't work

From: Chris Down <chris_AT_chrisdown.name>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 00:30:08 +0800

On 31 May 2013 00:27, "Kevin Foster" <kevinrse_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have recently been looking for a tiling WM and like dwm so far. I have
one problem I can't figure out. The default keybinds for next/previous
screen (using Mod1 and the comma and period keys), as well as the "send"
function (Mod1-shift-, or .) don't work for me.

> I've tried the following:
> Debian repo version of dwm (v6.0)
> Compiling on my machine with the tar.gz file (v6.0)
> Modifying the keybinds to use XK_minus (-) and XK_equal (=), recompiling
the tar.gz version. The actions don't work on these keys either.
> Assigning other actions to comma and period. These actions DO work.
> Presumably these experiments indicate that the problem is unrelated to my
keyboard settings. So, I guess something funky is happening with the
"focusmon" and "tagmon" functions indicated in config.h.

> I am running the Crunchbang Waldorf (Debian) distribution. uname -a
yields:

>> Linux crunchbang 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.41-2+deb7u2 x86_64
GNU/Linux

> My machine is a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E420.
>
> One note, I always receive this warning on install:
>>
>> dwm.c: In function ‘keypress’:
>> dwm.c:1087:2: warning: ‘XKeycodeToKeysym’ is deprecated (declared at
/usr/include/X11/Xlib.h:1695) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

> I did find a thread about the issue here in the dev list archives, but
confess I didn't get much out of the comments in that thread. Should I try
that patch?

> Cheers.
> Kevin

Paste your configuration, and details of any patches you have applied. This
is almost definitely not related to focusmon or tagmon themselves.