[dev] Re: Is there any plan on a shell for sbase?

From: Fernando C.V. <ferkiwi_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 12:35:52 +0100

> by doing system() calls to an extremelly minimal shell. Would it make sense?

uh.. I mean, something like a while-cmd like this:

  while-cmd 'test whatever' <<end
      do this
  end

while-cmd does a system('test whatever') and keeps running what it
received from stdin as long as the command received as argument
doesn't return successfully.

But then on second though, since it's a separate process there would
be problems with environment variables, and this might not have an
easy solution.

Probably it brings more problems than it solves, I guess

--
Fernando