Re: [dev] [sbase] 64-bit type for split

From: Galos, David <galosd83_AT_students.rowan.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 22:39:12 -0500

> Or are you limiting this to pure ansi instead of posix?
I'm just trying to conform with the rest of sbase. The CFLAGS include
`-ansi -pedantic -Wall` and I don't want my code to compile with
warnings.

> How exactly do you think you are going to be able to work with / create
> files larger than whatever off_t type is provided by the environment
> supports?

I actually didn't think of `off_t`. I just knew that `long` wouldn't
cut it, and that
I needed some type that could count the entire size of a file. That actually
seems like a great choice, since that will allow split to scale, in case the
128-bit filesystem takes over.