Re: [dev] [sbase] built with watcom

From: Jens Staal <staal1978_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:12:38 +0200

On 2013-06-18 16:58, Christoph Lohmann wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:58:58 +0200 Jens Staal <staal1978_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have no idea if anyone is interested, but a large part of sbase built
>> with the open watcom compiler using its included (rather limited)
>> c-library... mostly for fun.
>>

>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/sbase-ow-git/
>
> How does someone use that package on a working Linux distribution?
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Christoph Lohmann

That depends on how you define "working".

If it was a jab against Arch:
I just put a link to the Arch AUR for simplicity's sake, since open
watcom is available there and PKGBUILDs are easy to read (if anyone
would like to repeat the process on their pet distro).

If it was a question regarding portability:
The resulting binaries are statically linked (I do not think watcom even
can do dynamic linking on Linux), so if that was your question (wrt the
c-library), it should not be much of an issue to use the binaries on any
Linux distribution (x86 or x86_64).
The watcom compiler itself is also statically linked against its own
library, so installing it on any distribution should also not be an issue.