Re: [dev] lisp

From: Sanel Zukan <sanelz_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 16:25:32 +0200

Hi,

> Well, nowadays every toy language out there has CFFI, and it's far
> less pleasant to use than native libraries. I have nothing to say

True, but have you ever tried to use any of it? I did and I have to say
that 99% of them are half baked solutions just to satisfy examples.
Even for more popular languages, situation is not better much; the
only solid implementations (which could handle even dark corners)
I found are ctypes for python and cffi for CL.

> about Java library stack because I haven't used it, bu I doubt its
> usage is seamless. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Really? These days I'm using Selenium for some u.tests; google
Selenium examples in java (or ruby/python) and see how much of
it you can express with clj-webdriver (Clojure wrapper). Or if I we
move to Swing-land, I can talk about it all day long ;)

Best.