Re: [dev] [sbase] Adding tar

From: Thorsten Glaser <tg_AT_mirbsd.de>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 12:37:04 +0000 (UTC)

Markus Wichmann dixit:

>One way I also find myself using quite often:
>
>tar xfC filename.tar.gz directory

This one is, I believe, not portable: behind f the
filename must be immediately. (Also you forgot z.)
An often-seen case of this unportablity is people
using 'tar xfz foo.tgz' instead of xzf, which is
the one that works (almost) everywhere.

>> For now, tar will not do compression. If sbase gains programs to do

Just like Solaris ;-)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<gcc> ncal.c: In function 'parsemonth': warning: comparison between pointer
and integer  • <mirabilos> ↑ hab da „in function parselmouth“ gelesen