Re: [dev] [sbase] [patch v4] Add df(1)

From: Galos, David <galosd83_AT_students.rowan.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 00:09:10 -0400

> David, what do you think?
Ideally, sbase should achieve portability through a lack of
system-dependent code. I think it might soon be important to
create a ubase for ugly, unportable stuff. ifconfig, mount
insmod, could live there. Perhaps that would be a better
home for df? Everything else on the TODO looks like it should
be completely portable.

>> What if some stuff is portable between operating systems,
>> but unportable between architectures? What if the combination
>> of both matters? Will we have a sysdeps tree like glibc?
In that situation, we may have to begin searching for lambs to
sacrifice. If ubase becomes a reality, that will be the time
to think about these kinds of problems.