[dev] [dwm] Multi-seat with dwm in a single X server

From: Raimundo Martins <raimundoomartins_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 18:55:20 +0100

Hello everyone,

I've been using dwm for a while, and I today I managed to configure it so that my system is multi-seat with a single X server and no Xephyr. I achieved this by using XInput2 at grabbing keys. I kept XInput1 for the mouse since I was having trouble at passing along XMotionEvents to other windows. Selection would work with st (although cpu would ramp up do 70%. st version 4.1.1), but fail with dwb and firefox. This way it's cleaner and serves it's purpose anyway, since pointers are separated by screens (e.g. :0.0 and :0.1).
The code hasn't increased much since most is code replacement, but there are some problems with device grabbing apps, like dmenu (only accepts input from Virtual core), or other XInput2 which might steal input, but maybe there are workarounds. I also assume no Xinerama.

Multi-seat with full 3d acceleration. Is this something of interest to you?

--
Raimundo Martins <raimundoomartins_AT_gmail.com>