Re: [dev] [sbase] Command list

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 13:40:29 +0200

> dd: I suspect this might not be portable if we want an optimized version.
> find: Useless, just do `du -a | grep blabla'

and a 'find -type d -name xxxx -prune -o -type f -perm g=x -exec chmod g-x {} \; '?
find is a mini language for run over directories, and it is a must.

> xargs: Why?

if you have a directory with a very, very, very, very large number of files and
then you try a 'rm *' you will see why you need xargs. I use it a lot in combination
with find. For example in the previous example a better way (faster):

find -type d -name xxxx -prune -o -type f -perm g=x | xargs chmod g-x

Regards,

--
Roberto E. Vargas Caballero
universal interface'