Re: [dev] [sbase] Command list

From: Roberto E. Vargas Caballero <k0ga_AT_shike2.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:18:37 +0200

> I do not consider find(1) to be elegant in any way. I agree many ppl use it,
> including myself, I just wish we could do without this madness.

Well, we can not agree in all the points ;). I see find like the best example of
the eleganty of Unix, do one thing and do it well. Other programs should not
run over directories, and the best example of this problem is tar, which
needs a lot of different options in order to select the correct files, instead
of doing it like cpio, which reads the input list of files from stdin, so
you can use a highly specialized tool for it, that it is of course find.

Regards,

--
Roberto E. Vargas Caballero
universal interface'