Re: [dev] Some thoughts about XML

From: Hadrian Węgrzynowski <hadrian_AT_hawski.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 15:24:42 +0200

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:44:55 +0200
Szymon Olewniczak <szymon.olewniczak_AT_rid.pl> wrote:

> At the and I want to ask you a question. What do you think would be
> the best solution for bulding websites which would look similar to
> this what we have now(gopher is great but ...) and would have easily
> accessible data for persons who want to use it in thay own
> applications?

Hi.
It's impossible. Either you have application, or you have document.
Websites of today want to be applications with precise visual
representation. Website's design can blow up if you even change the font
size.

There should be separate web for applications (with something more
appropriate than HTML/CSS/JS). There should be also separate web for
documents (with something more appropriate than HTML/CSS/JS).

I don't see any worldwide hope soon. XML+XLST certainly is not one.
There is too much push for more brands and APIs, than for simple
interaction between programs.