Re: [dev] Some thoughts about XML

From: Szymon Olewniczak <szymon.olewniczak_AT_rid.pl>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 21:09:51 +0200

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 06:48:06PM +0200, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff wrote:
> Chris Down said:
> > On 2013-10-18 14:44, Szymon Olewniczak wrote:
> > > Pages writen in XML has readable source and data can be accessed much more
> > > easily.
> >
> > I don't even know what to say to this...
>
> Strictly speaking, I agree with OP on this: XML is much better then HTML
> (actually fault-tolerance reuired for HTML makes it much worse then otherwise
> nightmarish XML). That doesn't make XML usable though.

I've started this topic becouse I'm woriking in a small family firm and
we have decided that we need an new application to managing complaints,
documentation, and several other things of our clients (I don't want to
go into detail). So I'm thinking about model that would make it usable
for peoples like me and for non-tech users. XML + XSLT is one
of my ideas, another is "one file web application" based on JSON
calls (maybe its better, what do you think?). I believe that we can make
the web the better place without huge revolutino(such as changing HTTP
to something else) or maybe I am wrong.

BR,
Szymon