[dev] man and man-db

From: Szymon Olewniczak <szymon.olewniczak_AT_rid.pl>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 12:45:59 +0100

Hi,
I've realized recently that starting from the times of Fedora 13 man
application was replaced by man-db in all major GNU/Linux distros. Do
you thing that using Berkeley DB is better that traditional flat-text
whatis db (in my opinion it is, it probably speed up things)? Does the
apropos command works in the original man implementation? And what is
your opinion about Berkeley DB - is it suckless or not? Which db engines
do you consider of being suckless?

BR,
Szymon