Re: [dev] Suckless remote shell?

From: Raimundo Martins <raimundoomartins_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 14:39:48 +0000

On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 17:11:40 +0300
"Alexander S." <alex0player_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't want to start a flame, but C isn't exactly state of the art
> language. I shall agree that Go has problems, but why it would be a
> disgrace any worse than a living fossil C is?

So being old implies it's bad? That's the kind of thinking that makes
people try to reinvent something that is already good and then ruin it.
We could land a man on the moon with 4K ram, but we can't run a
formatted text editor which complies with most standards without 100MB.

Most e-mail now contains html because someone thought there was a need
to make them pretty. Now you need a whole graphical interface just to
read a stupid email from some institution or corporation which thinks
that they must "modernize". And even then..

Not saying that C is the holy god of all languages and everything
should be in C. Everything has a purpose.
Being old doesn't make it bad!

--
Raimundo Martins <raimundoomartins_AT_gmail.com>