Re: [dev] Question about arg.h

From: Alexander Huemer <alexander.huemer_AT_xx.vu>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 19:57:44 +0100

On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 07:23:30PM +0100, Krol, Willem van de wrote:
> Indeed, casting to void doesn't have any effect. The variable doesn't
> become unusable or something like that (no compiler warning or error).

Casting to void has an effect. In case an argument to a function is not
used anywhere in that function the compiler would give a warning,
because that could be unintended.
Having a macro for (void) is nice, because, as already said, it's
shorter to type, and additionally so you have one place that you can
change to make all those warnings visible for a whole project. I.e. you
substitute that macro with an empty string.

Kind regards,
-Alex