Re: Asshole vs. reality [was: Re: [dev] Question about arg.h]

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 10:31:12 +0100

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 10:32:46 +0100
koneu <koneu93_AT_googlemail.com> wrote:

> Maybe suckless.org should host a netiquette mailing list to get all this
> off topic out of [dev] ...

ML-fragmentation has been discussed before (especially in regard to
stali) and dismissed.
For the sake of specificity though, I wouldn't have problem with a
[philosophy]-section where people can ask questions about the
suckless-projects and other software.
I've seen many people asking if software "X" was suckless or not, or
which license is sane. Of course this can fit in [hackers] or [dev],
but it's a tough job to filter those questions out easily afterwards.
For example, given you were planning to give a lecture on our
philosophy: The first step would be to understand, what kind of
questions users would ask.
Having a ml, where newbies can read into the topic and that
professionals can refer to, may be a cool thing.
However, I don't want to set off this discussion again ;).

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>