Re: [dev] Mailing list behavior - was: Question about arg.h

From: <random832_AT_fastmail.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 11:45:25 -0500

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 11:42, Calvin Morrison wrote:
> Why do I top post? yes i am lazy! After being with gmail since it was
> in beta, I still don't have an option to god damned bottom-post by
> default!!

Top posting or bottom posting isn't an "option", it's determined by
_where you click the mouse_. You're not supposed to just start typing
where the cursor drops, you're supposed to edit out the bits of the
quote that you're not replying to.

I'm sick of people blaming their email clients and other people taking
this at face value. What the hell would such an option _do_?