Re: [dev] [st] System freeze when killing X after using st-git

From: Dmitrij D. Czarkoff <czarkoff_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 10:12:35 +0100

Andreas Marschall wrote:

>Yes, very mature. The first statement I would agree on but in what way
>is Arch Linux with systemd a disaster? It runs very smoothely and fast
>over here. Or is it just the usual wannabe elitist bull...?
You know, the systemd (and friends) actually does a great job of ruining my day with Arch boxes - by now I have one permanently hanging on boot, another booting up twice as slowly as it did before the switch and a third one, which gets misconfigured by the boot-time voodoo. Sure, at least some of these problems are solvable, but I have to invest quite some time into it - and all of it goes into compensating the "improvements" in boot process. And I still can't see any benefit from the switch.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff