Re: [dev] [dwm] Pango patch for 6.0 (update: markup & cleanup)

From: Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 14:14:30 -0200

Hi all again,

I'm attaching an updated version of the pango patch. I've rewritten
the pango/xft object creation/cleanup code for good and I've fixed a
couple of subtle bugs (that probably would never manifest themselves,
anyway) that were in the original code.

But most important I've added (optional) support for pango markup [*]
in the status line. This will allow you to write strings like

to your status messages. Nice thing is that it only required a couple
of additional LOC.

So now pango patch is providing a comprehensive solution for the
status bar, including:

* True Type Fonts.
* Iconic Fonts (tons of them available in the web).
* Simple markup for status messages: fg/bg color, size,
sub/superscript, dynamic font switching, underline, emphasis, bold,
etc.

Best regards
--
Carlos