[dev] [dwm] [patch] Add DWM control FIFO implementing all existing keybinds

From: sin <sin_AT_2f30.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 12:38:25 +0000

Hi all,

This is my first journey into the DWM code. I've added
a FIFO control file that you can use to simulate any of the existing
keybinds.

The command names are similar to the functions implementing them.

A simple example would be:

   echo -n term > /tmp/dwm.fifo
   echo -n focusmon+ > /tmp/dwm.fifo
   echo -n term > /tmp/dwm.fifo

This will spawn a terminal on the first monitor, then move to the
second and spawn one there.

It is possible to script simple layouts like this.

Let me know if this is of interest to anyone and I will post it
to the patches section on the wiki.

One command that is missing but would be nice is "exec <cmd>".

cheers,
sin