Re: [dev] Announcing sinit - the suckless init

From: Eckehard Berns <ecki-suckless_AT_ecki.to>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 23:40:22 +0100

On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 09:54:44PM +0000, sin wrote:
> Hm yes, you are right, the FIFO code never reaps children. We could
> probably use the double fork trick + killing the parent to force it to
> be reaped by the original process (the parent of the FIFO code).

Double forking would take care of the spawned process. But you'd still be
forced to boot with the file system mounted read-write. I don't know if
that's the way to go. I think Arch wants you to boot with a read-writable
root fs nowadays, but I don't know what the benefit should be. Even more
so since you need to remount it read-only during system initialisation
anyway before checking it.

--
Eckehard Berns