Re: [dev] hotkey (1) - a suckless global keybinder

From: Chris Down <chris_AT_chrisdown.name>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 14:07:33 +0800

On 2014-02-08 18:37:19 -0500, Calvin Morrison wrote:
> I have had a love affair with dwm's config.h. Unfortunately I also
> love i3, and also deal with a plethora of other desktops on my day to
> day work. so I created hotkey (1).
>
> Why wasn't there a simple way to have hotkeys, dealt with properly, in
> a suckless manner? I don't want inane bindings for every WM, I don't
> even want my wm controlling my hotkeys! So I wrote it.

A few comments:

- What's with the weird inconsistent indentation? It makes your code
  really hard to read;
- You are using system(), which is highly unportable and extremely
  fragile;
- There is no author attribution for the code taken from dwm, which is
  required;
- You also failed to include the license header, which is required by
  the MIT license;
- You are using the unportable "return 0" when returning from main() --
  use EXIT_SUCCESS instead.

I did not look in detail at the code, there may be more issues.