Re: [dev] hotkey (1) - a suckless global keybinder

From: Calvin Morrison <mutantturkey_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 18:31:00 -0500

make a hidden window, and set the window focus to it? that'd be my
guess. I don't think you can grab two non modifier keys though, < and
> for example probably wouldn't work with the way I am grabbing it.
I'd love too see some code.

A visual hint could be nice. I definitely see the advantage of a modal
system because there are already so many shortcuts you can
accidentally interfere with,having just one to interfere with reduces
the issue.

but then why not just use my program to launch a script with dmenu
(vertical version) and have a keybinding for that? eg:

ALT+P spawns dmenu
dmenu shows
1. mocp -g
2. xterm
3. firefox

you press 3 and enter and it executes..?

what do you think of that?