Re: [dev] tabbed - why?

From: Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:44:28 -0300

> I just remembered about the deck layout [1], it's another example of a

I think deck like layouts are, in general, a bad idea. I'd implemented
a generalization of deck as part of a previous version of my xtile
patch that I ultimately decided to ditch. I don't want to repeat here
what I've already written in the "Why not deck area?" subsection of
the "Digressions" section of [1]. This is not to say that tabs are
wrong, just that having a deck area is an unnecessary and clumsy
workaround to get something dwm already provides another way, as
Anselm has explained very well somewhere else in this thread.

Regards
--
Carlos
[1] http://dwm.suckless.org/patches/xtile