Re: [dev] [surf] ssl strict fails unexpectedly

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 15:00:04 +0000

Hi Markus,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 03:49:21PM +0100, Markus Teich wrote:
> I use the ssl-strict setting with surf. When browsing to https://wiki.gentoo.org
> I get „SSL handshake failed“.

Are you using the latest version of surf from git? Because the
original SSL code (which I contributed) was basically completely
broken (sorry), but there was a patch to the list a few weeks ago
which fixed it, which is now in the trunk.

> Is there a possibility to get more debug info? I did not find any relevant logs
> or verbosity switches, that could help.

I recently wrote a patch that printed useful debug info about SSL
failures, but it got lost when mailman went down and I haven't
re-sent it yet. I'll try to remember to send it to the list tonight.

Nick