Re: [dev] [surf] Patch to print ssl error reasons to stderr

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 19:02:13 +0000

Quoth Markus Teich:
> > I recently wrote a patch that printed useful debug info about SSL failures,
> > but it got lost when mailman went down and I haven't re-sent it yet. I'll try
> > to remember to send it to the list tonight.
>
> That could be very helpful. I'm looking forward to it.

It's attached. It was against the trunk a week or so ago, but
probably still applies ;)

Incidentally, does anyone have any thoughts about the best ways to
display this sort of extra status information? stderr is fine in a
pinch, but in general I don't run my surf sessions from a terminal
so most of the time it'd be non-trivial to fetch the output.

Oh, and note I'm not sure whether it'll print the ssl failure output
if you have sslstrict on - I haven't tested but it may well abort
the connection before surf gets a hold of it.

Nick