Re: [dev] [off-topic]How to donate to suckless.org?

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 10:20:28 +0100

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 10:47:44 +0800
Chris Down <chris_AT_chrisdown.name> wrote:

> It could be worse: http://www.builtinperl.com/

That's disgusting!

What bothers me is the big number of startups we have every year with
none of them really succeeding in bringing up a sustainable
business-model.
Instead, most seem to be based on a quick idea (mostly social media or
how you can access this or that hipster-venue in no time), breaking
apart quickly, leaving behing only a vibe of their stupid names.
You can easily compare this multitude with "Apps" on any given "App
Store": All of them employ dirty technologies, but only few really
mature and make big bucks.
After all, they still remain a sad excuse.

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>