Re: [dev][port] Porting sbase to Java

From: <stanio_AT_cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 14:31:21 +0200

Thanks for bringing up that very important issue, I was annoyed too.

Here is something else that bugs me a lot:
PLEASE SPELL DWM HOW IT OUGHT BE DONE: IN CAPITALS.

I suggest other suckless projects to do so either. And I would go so far
to capitalize the executables, too. Though, that might be too radical.
I'd like to hear how people feel about it.

Look at that:

/usr/bin/ST
/usr/bin/SSELP
/usr/bin/SURF
/usr/bin/DWM

Don't they look much more appealing to you. Admit it! It's only habit if
you are not immediately euphoric about this idea!

Think positive, be creative, innovate, top post!

* Raphaël Proust 2014-04-02 12:16
> Can you please include the whole message you are replying to in your
> answers guys? It's very difficult to follow this thread if I have to
> thread for the suckless group. Making good software is nice but don't
> forget to make good communications too.
>
> By the way, can the person in charge of
> https://www.facebook.com/pages/dwm/103482239693985 be a bit more
> active? I keep telling people to try dwm (which needs to be rewritten
> in ruby) but once they see the facebook page they say it looks dead
> and bad.
>
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 10:51 AM, FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de> wrote:
> > On Wed, 02 Apr 2014 09:11:34 +0200
> > Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:
> >
> >> This is great news. Now that suckless has reached the future we will see
> >> a bright horizont of pleasure and commercial support.
> >
> > Most definitely!
> > However, we need to build up your corporate identity. I suggest we make
> > suckless a registered trademark and sue everyone who adopts our brand
> > without permission.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > FRIGN
> >
> > --