Re: [dev] lock (1) - a dead simple lock script

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 12:46:08 +0200

If one day you discover this script to be some bottleneck in your
webscale world-changing app then you can still take the time and
rewrite it in C, or create your own CPU with an instruction set
extension that does just that, whatever crazyness is needed to get to
the super important sub nano-second user experience.

But rather I think you'd get to decrease the poling frequency.

Now I can go and change all touchs in my scripts with mkdir. Oh what
horror I find there.