Re: [dev][ubase][patch] Add switch_root.8 to the Makefile

From: Dimitris Papastamos <dp_AT_spl9.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 15:31:52 +0100

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 04:26:45PM +0200, FRIGN wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 15:21:29 +0100
> Dimitris Papastamos <dp_AT_spl9.org> wrote:
>
> > I added them all with an one-liner, thanks for spotting this.
>
> Now, there's one question that has been bugging me for a while:
> If you combined sbase and ubase, would it already be possible to run a
> system on top of them or are there essential things which have not yet
> been implemented?

Have a look at [1][2][3][4]. It is an on-going effort by me and some other
people to make a distro, morpheus, around ubase/sbase/sinit/smdev etc. You can
find all the tools on our 2f30 git. If you are interested, the dev chan
is #morpheus _AT_ oftc.

We have taken some ideas from sta.li and we are experimenting with
other concepts such as namespaces + aufs etc.

[1] http://git.2f30.org/hbase/ - heirloom base + other goodies
[2] http://git.2f30.org/mkbuild/ - our mk build system
[3] http://git.2f30.org/morpheus/ - the distro (basically config.mk
for mkbuild + ports)